Beets, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
Beets are definitely one of my favorite vegetables. One of the most amazing things about them is how good they are for your health. They are loaded with nutrients and are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, & phosphorus. They also provide fiber and antioxidants.
This root veggie also has some medicinal benefits. It helps to cleanse the liver and can be helpful for promoting healthy digestion. Because beets contain nitrates they aid in improving blood flow, lowering blood pressure, and can even boost stamina so you can excerise longer. They also contain betaine, an anti-inflammatory amino acid that helps to protect the body from environmental stress.
Beets contain several minerals that are essential to healthy nerve and muscle function and promote bone, liver, pancreas,and kidney health. They also contain B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
Beet greens are extremely healthy too. They are an important source of essential nutrients, like vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium. They also contain more iron than spinach and are a good source of fiber and protein.
In addition to being super healthy, beets are also really tasty and versatile. They are a great addition to soups, pastas, salads, juices, smoothies, and even make lovely desserts and condiments.
Below are 150 recipes to help you fall in love with beets. If you’re already a beet lover, some of these recipes may be familiar, but there’s also a lot of fun, unique recipes that will have you wanting to eat beets for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Enjoy!
1. Beet Hashbrowns from The Roasted Root
2. Beet & Chia Pancakes from The New York Times
3. Chocolate Beet Muffins from Cake Student
4. Beet Hash Breakfast Wraps from Reclaiming Provincial
5. Pink Breakfast Bowl from Ricki Heller
6. Roasted Beet, Baby Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche from Food52
7. Red Flannel Hash Cakes from Martha Stewart
8. Beet & Carrot Muffins from Hidden Ponies
9. Breakfast Beet Shakshuka from The Whole Tara
10. Beet Crust Leek Quiche from Prevention